Do you like working with children, and art? Then volunteering at a VisArts Art Camp might be a perfect fit and a great way to earn SSL hours.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old, or entering high school. Summer camp volunteers must commit to at least one two-week session and hours. Summer Volunteer hours are 7:45 AM – 3:30 PM or 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Spring/Winter Volunteer hours are 7:45 AM – 3:30 PM or 1:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Application links for Spring and Summer Camp positions are below. Some Summer Camp volunteer sessions will fill up, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Applicant will receive an email to set up an interview. Every applicant must interview with the Camp Director or Assistant Camp Director(s).
- Being attentive and proactive in the classroom/office
- Remaining on the facility until the end of the camp day
- Volunteering for the entire duration of the session(s) selected/assigned to you
- Turning off cell phone and not using it during camp day
- And more…
After receiving the completed form, we will contact you to come in for an interview.
- Summer Camp applicants: You will be contacted by email to set up an interview in early April for dates between April 14 – June 30, 2020.
- Spring Break Camp Applicants: You will be contacted one month before the camp start date for an interview.
- Winter Break Camp Applicants: You will be contacted one month before the camp start date for an interview.
Later interviews might be possible depending on available positions. Every volunteer must interview.
Summer Camp Volunteers – Mandatory Orientation
All applicants must attend the mandatory orientation. In depth details of camp, policies, rules, and facility tour will be given during orientation. Date of orientation will be sent to your email along with the scheduling of your interview. Orientation is usually scheduled during the last week of school for MCPS.
If you have any questions, please contact Diana Tsai at (301) 315-8200 x 104, fax (240) 724-4693 or Email DTsai@visartscenter.org