Get out of the studio and into nature with this outdoor drawing class. There is nothing like drawing from life and summer gives us a perfect opportunity to explore the landscape pictorially. Students will hone their drawing skills using pencil and mixed media. Composition, perspective, texture, and form will be our focus.
We will meet outdoors at the bandstand in Rockville Town Square. The class will explore different outdoor spaces in the Rockville Town Square area.
In the case of inclement weather, a make-up class will be scheduled.
We will observe social distancing and all participants are required to wear masks.
- Drawing pad- 9×12 or larger (Strathmore recommended)
- #2 charcoal pencil
- Kneaded eraser
- Masking tape
- The following are optional:
- Soft pastels box of 12 or more
- Assortment of colored pencils
- Conte crayons
- Any other medium you would like to try