Thanks to the generous support of the City of Rockville, the CREATE art program will begin on September 10th and run for six Thursday nights in the Square. Because of support from the City, participation will be free.
With so many of us anxious about COVID-19 and the impact of the pandemic on our lives our rising stress levels, anxiety and depression have become more and more common. While we can’t solve the problems raised by the pandemic we can help you cope.
Art doesn’t just unify us- it physically benefits us too by relieving stress, strengthening critical thinking skills and improving and sustaining memory.
You don’t need to be an experienced artist to benefit from making art- everyone is welcome to participate.
Because of the pandemic there are new rules for participating in CREATE!
- You must register on line.
- Spaces are very limited so that we can make sure to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- All children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult who will help them with the art project. If you want to make your own project, you will need to sign up for both yourself and your child.
- EVERYONE MUST WEAR A MASK- NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR CHILDREN.
- There will be three “seatings” beginning at 4:45 p.m. You must sign in fifteen minutes in advance and if you are not present at the start of your time slot your space may be given to other participants..
- Links for registration will be live beginning on the Thursday before the event and you will not be able to sign up for more than one week’s program at a time.
CREATE 2020 Schedule:
Crab Shell Painting: September 17 at 4:45 – 6:45 pm
Tie Dye T-Shirts: September 24 at 4:45 – 6:45 pm REGISTER HERE
Puzzle Wall Hanging: October 1 at 4:45 – 6:45 pm
Raku Demonstration and Air Dry Clay Charms: October 8 at 4:45 – 6:45 pm
Try the Wheel: October 15 at 4:45 – 6:45 pm
Wood Branch Picture Frame: October 22 at 4:45 – 6:45 pm