Rethink everything you learned about paper mache and enter the world of advanced paper mache. This ancient art form is endlessly engaging and this project will teach you everything you will need to know about creating paper mache using a balloon as your scaffolding. This is not the project for you if you need to get quick results but the beautiful bowl that you will make will garner compliments for years to come. Your materials package includes some regular balloons if you want to practice as well as a giant latex balloon that can be reused if you are careful. Choose to finish your bowl by choosing from our fabric and paper selections. We’ve gathered everything you will need and provided you with detailed step by step instructions with lots of pictures. You’ll also get a link to our instructional video so that you can watch the process from start to finish.
Click here for a video showing you step by step how to create this project.
Please select a time for contactless pick-up of your materials here.
All sales are final and non-refundable.
- Giant balloon and 2 regular balloons for practice
- Recipe for paper mache paste
- Chip brushes-3
- Mod-Podge- 8 ounces
- Construction paper for outside of the bowl
- Fabrics or Assorted Papers for inside of the bowl
- Silver acrylic paint (if black construction paper selected for the outside of the bowl)- 2oz.
- Watercolor set
- Watercolor brush
- Bubble wrap
- White paper for wrapping edge of bowl
- Water-based varnish- 2 ounces