Each private event is unique, but all include a per-person materials fee, an instructor/facilitator fee, and a room rental fee. Our instructor fee is generally $200.00 for groups of 20 people or fewer. For events that take place on the weekend or during the evening, or with more than 20 guests, we require a helper to support our instructor for an additional charge of $75.00. For events with more than 40 guests, we must schedule a second instructor.
We have several different rooms depending on your group size, art activity, food/beverage needs, and other plans. The facility rental fee is based on use of the room for the time necessary for the completion of your art project. Additional time is available at an hourly rate.
- Painting and Drawing Studio: Accommodates 11 tables and 44 people – $250
- Mixed Media #3: Accommodates 7 tables and 28 people – $200
- Mixed Media #1 and #2: Accommodates 5 tables and 20 people – $150
- Glass Studio: Accommodates 16 participants without food/beverage tables – $150
- Painting and Drawing Studio AND Mixed Media #3 (combined): Accommodates 70 people with separate locations for art and food/beverage tables – $450.00
Absolutely! Our modern and versatile Buchanan Event Room is ideal for larger and/or more formal events. Pricing varies, but starts at $600 for a four-hour daytime event. Our Buchanan Event room accommodates art parties for up to 100 people.
VisArts is committed to making art experiences affordable and accessible. We offer special non-profit rates on room rental and materials fees. We also work with non-profit organizations to create their own fundraising art events: We provide the space and art activity at a discount; you sell tickets, find sponsors, and receive donations of food/beverage.
- Yes, you may provide your own food and beverages including alcoholic drinks. All food must come from a licensed food facility such as a restaurant, grocery store or caterer. NO homemade food is permitted pursuant to Montgomery County health regulations.
- If you serve alcohol, you must follow all relevant State of Maryland and Montgomery County laws regarding the purchase and service of alcohol. You must ensure that no one under the age of 21 is served alcoholic beverages, that no one is overserved and that no one is permitted to leave your event intoxicated. Pursuant to Maryland law, no open containers of alcohol can be removed from the premises.
- If your event will be held in the Buchanan Event Room, additional requirements for food service and charges for the use of our catering kitchen apply. Depending upon the number of guests and menus, you may be required to use one of our preferred caterers.
Please contact Karen Askin at 301-315-8200 extension 119 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Karen will work with you to find a date, space, and project appropriate for your group and budget. A signed contact, along with a deposit equal to the room rental fee and the instructor fee, are required to book your event. Full payment is due at least 48 hours prior to the event. Payments may be made using check, cash or credit cards.
Yes, we are happy to come to your organization or commercial venue; however, we cannot offer art events at private residences. In addition to instructor/facilitator and materials fees, we charge a minimum travel fee of $400.00 to bring materials, plus an additional fee for distances of more than 15 miles from VisArts. If your space requires a protective floor covering, additional fees may apply. You are responsible for providing tables, chairs, and a nearby water source that can be accessed by our instructor.