In this mixed media workshop, you will learn how to use some tools that will let you express your ideas, even if you can’t draw. Use paint, oil pastels, crayons. Begin with color then collage for texture, images, some embellishments, and add visual texture with stencils, stamping & other tools. Finally, a few easy tricks with paint let you turn your creative play into a real painting, even if it’s your first. If you’re already skilled, you’ll learn new techniques, discover new ways to apply your knowledge.
Materials are not included.
MATERIALS COMMONLY USED IN MIXED MEDIA ART:
- Pencil, Paper
- Acrylic mediums in your choice of gloss, matte or semi-gloss—can be used as a glue and as a coating that seals the surface or Modepodge
- Watercolor pencils/ Graphite pencils/ colored pencils
- Sharpie markers or other permanent markers
- Acrylic paints and brushes, acrylic (drawing) inks
- Any glues, adhesives, or tapes, especially those that are archival and/or appeal to your design sense
- Exacto knife or cutter
- Photographs, personal letters, ephemera, anything you would like to play with including stamps, stickers, or stencils
- Old artworks you made and no longer want to preserve—make this decision only with your own original drawings and paintings
- Recycled papers—newsprint, magazines, mailings, and discarded old books are great to work with
- Flowers or other embellishments for hair accessories
Instruction will be provided through the Zoom platform. Students will need to have a webcam and the ability to download zoom on their computer, phone, or tablet. Once you register for the class, you will be sent an e-mail with the Zoom URL to log in to the class. Please provide a correct and viable e-mail address when registering as this is how you receive your link.