Over the three weeks, we will be focusing on creating 3 finished pieces, suitable for framing, inspired by the work of 3 specific illustrators, adults’ fiction, and non-fiction books. Students will gain an understanding of the materials the illustrators use, and their own unique personal styles. The objective is not to copy them exactly, but to get inspired, and to use the work as a jumping-off point. Materials will be varied. Recommended to have on hand but not required:
- Micron pens, black and colored
- Waterproof brush pen, fine (Micron) Black
- Watercolor pencils (Caran d’Ache “Supracolor Soft” or Faber- Castell)
- Regular colored pencils (Lyra Color Giants or Prismacolor)
- Drawing pencils
- Eraser (Pink Pearl or white plastic)
- Watercolors in tubes or pans (Faber-Castell)
- Selection of sturdy drawing paper and watercolor paper (Canson or Strathmore)
Instruction will be provided through the Zoom platform. Students will need to have a webcam and the ability to download zoom on their computer, phone, or tablet. Once you register for the class, you will be sent an e-mail with the Zoom URL to log in to the class. Please provide a correct and viable e-mail address when registering as this is how you receive your link.
Please use the Notes section on the registration form to list any accommodations you will need during the class.
Image: From “Parade'”by illustrator Mattias Adolfsson, interpreted by Terri, a student in our prior series