Introduction to Weaving is a 6 weeks workshop for beginner students ages 14 and up. Each student will work with a wooden frame and learn at least 4 types of weaving techniques to create an image ornament.
Class 1 :
- Introduction to the workshop and ice breaker (introduce to each other).
- Give a presentation on different artists, their work, and show some samples to students.
- Demo on wrapping thread on frame and work time.
- Demo on 4 types of weaving techniques and will let students sketch out the imagery that they want to work on with (just an idea, don’t need to be detailed).
- show the idea, have a little small discussion, the student will start weaving
Class 3 – Class 4:
- Weaving time and troubleshooting
- Demo on finishing the weaving and how to take the piece down.
- Demo some decoration (tussles or other embellishments)
- Weaving work time
- Finish up the weaving / last-minute work.
This class is for ages 14 and up.
Students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend this class.
Please use the Notes section on the registration form to list any accommodations you will need during the class.