This class is perfect for beginner to intermediate drawing students. Students will explore different types of pencils and the elements of line and value. Students will experiment with contour drawing, blind contour drawing, and cross contour drawing. Students will also use charcoal to explore perspective and surrealism. The end of the session will include a mixed media project using the lessons taught throughout the class.
Students will need:
- 18”x 24” rough surface Strathmore Drawing Pad
- 9” x 12” Drawing Pad (Optional)
- Higgins India Ink (one with a dropper to avoid spills!)
- Medium Watercolor or India Ink Brushes
- A variety of pencils (6H, 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B)
- Kneaded Eraser
- Pink Pearl Eraser
- Soft Vine or Willow Charcoal 6-8 sticks
- Compressed Charcoal 1-2 sticks
- Tortillions or Paper Stumps (One large and one small)
If you have purchased materials, please click HERE to schedule an appointment to pick up your materials after registration.
Once you register for the class, you will be sent an e-mail with the Zoom URL to use to log in to the class. Please provide a correct and viable e-mail address when registering as this is how you receive your link.