Pen-and-ink drawing, like linocut block printing, is unique in that it cannot be easily duplicated by digital methods. We will look at Old Master drawings as well as artwork by celebrated artists of recent years. Students will learn how to define shape and texture with varied linework techniques. Old castles of stone lend themselves nicely to this, with their picturesque historical architecture. They appeal to our fantastical imaginations.
- 1 sepia pen (Suggested: Sakura Pigma Micron PN Pen – Sepia | BLICK Art Materials (dickblick.com)
- 1 black pen
- 1 bottle of ink (Suggested: Higgins Waterproof Black Ink | BLICK Art Materials (dickblick.com)
- 1 fine and 1 medium nib for dip pens
- 1 dip pen holder
- 8 sheets of drawing paper (9×12)
- 1 mat with a “window” of 9×12 (optional)
- 1 pencil
- 1 eraser
This class is for ages 14 and up.
Instruction will be provided through the Zoom platform. Students will need to have a webcam and the ability to download zoom on their computer, phone, or tablet. Once you register for the class, you will be sent an e-mail with the Zoom URL to log in to the class. Please provide a correct and viable e-mail address when registering as this is how you receive your link.
Please use the Notes section on the registration form to list any accommodations you will need during the class.