Imagine that by the end of these series you will be able to draw something recognizable to others that you are proud of. Amazing! Each series of Basic Drawing Skills has three classes of one hour each. You’ll be guided step-by-step through instructions and focus on drawing 3D geometric shades and objects and learn to tone and shade. For example, a rectangle can become a box of cereal, a cylinder could become a container of salt or of “Pringles” chips and a cube could become the bottom half of a house. We’ll end each class hour by sketching these. Each series will lay the foundation of how to start the framework for the objects in the following series but it’s not necessary to take all the series.
- Drawing pencils (3B and 6B recommended.)
- Colored pencils (Best ones on the market are Prismacolor, Lyra, and Caran d’Ache Supracolor Soft).
- Pencil sharpener (electric is best)
- Paper recommended: Strathmore 400 series (has a brown cover) heavy-weight
- Optional: a ruler or straight edge of some kind.
Instruction will be provided through the Zoom platform. Students will need to have a webcam and the ability to download zoom on their computer, phone, or tablet. Once you register for the class, you will be sent an e-mail with the Zoom URL to log in to the class. Please provide a correct and viable e-mail address when registering as this is how you receive your link.
Please use the Notes section on the registration form to list any accommodations you will need during the class.