The AAC with its expertise, insight, and vision will work in concert with VisArts Gallery staff to:
- Address the needs of artists and curators.
- Expand creative and sustainable resources.
- Initiate discussion around current opportunities and future initiatives that address the needs of artists.
- Communicate best practices and contemporary art trends.
- Encourage diverse audiences.
- Engage new visitors and participants.
- Promote and support a safe, equitable, diverse, and accessible community of artistic excellence, generosity, and respect.
The AAC’s work may include but not be limited to:
- Review and selection of exhibition, residency, and fellowship
- Formal and informal mentorship for Residents and Fellows as needed.
- Proposals for gallery-related
- Identification of current creative trends.
- Advice and assistance regarding sustainable fundraising
- Service on sub-committees for review of applications.
- Connecting VisArts opportunities with the broad community.
- Nominating artists for by-invitation Fellowships.
Terms of Service for AAC members
Each ACC member will serve for at least one calendar year and must attend the twice-a-year AAC meetings.
Members are welcome to remain active for up to three years.
Each member must nominate a replacement for review when their term has expired.
Additional Role of the AAC
At least one AAC member must serve on the VisArts Board of Directors.
At least one AAC member must be current VisArts studio resident artist.
At least one AAC member must be a former VisArts studio resident or fellow.
Total membership of the AAC is not expected to exceed 15.